• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought used car on ebay - dealer won't take back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llodola

I am in CT and bought a used car on ebay from a dealer in Oklahoma. The car was paid for 6 weeks ago and delivered 5 weeks ago and there is still no proper bill of sale and they're lying to me and they're giving me the runaround. I have told them over and over to take it back because I can't register it and they are being typical used car dealers in ignoring me. When I do get a hold of them they lie to me and that makes me wait another week until I have to call them on their lie. What can I do?

L

loku

If you were in Oklahoma, probably the best way to handle this would be to go to Small Claims Court if the value of the car is within the limits of that court. Otherwise the way would be to sue the dealer in civil court. However, unless there is a lot of money involved so that hiring an attorney in Oklahoma would make economic sense, I would suggest you first file a claim with the Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division at: http://www.oag.state.ok.us/explorer.index.html. When you go to the site, it will explain the procedure for filing a claim. They may be able to help you directly, or they may have other suggestions for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">