• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought used car. odometer has been replaced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peter_piper

So I bought a car that shows right now that it has only done 40,000km
the salesman and all the documents from the purchase show the car to be at 40,000km

BUT in the service book....in one of the entries it says 'Instrument Panel Replaced' at 20,000km. that is all.

now would a reasonable person be expected to know that this little entry means the actual engine kms is 60,000km and not the 40,000km the car shows?

the salesman never brought this to my attention and numerous times told me the car has only done 40,000km. even when i asked him if there has been any major repairs or changes to the car he said no. all documents i signed show the kms as 40,000.

I only found this out because my mechanic told me what 'instrument panel replaced' actually means. do i have any rights here for misrepresentation?

I could talk to you about it if you were in the US, but since you deleted that question and use the measurement of km I presume you aren't.

US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">