• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought The Wrong Truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

collegegirl

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My parents decided to buy a new truck. They went to a dealership and spoke with a salesman (in Pennsylvania) about what they wanted. The salesman pushed for them to purchase an 8 cylinder truck because it was so much better than a 6 cylinder. My parents tried out a few different trucks. The salesman continually told them they should go with the 8 cylinder. After several hours of negotiating, my parents bought what the salesman had repeatedly told them was the 8 cylinder. They picked up the truck a week later but didn't really get a chance to drive it because they left the next day for a 9 day vacation. They just got back and, after driving the truck for two days, my dad discovered that the truck is actually a 6 cylinder. After going through all the paperwork, we found that the only thing that has a thorough description of the truck is the sticker that was in the window. It does say 6 cylinder on it.

My parents admit that they should have read the sticker more carefully, but they believed what the salesman said. It's been less than three weeks since they signed for the purchase of the truck and less than two weeks since they actually picked it up. Can they return the truck because they did not get what they believed they were getting?

O

oopsidaisy

Nope, their vacation was obviously more important then the truck.

They will have to live with that decesion.

Souix

collegegirl said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My parents decided to buy a new truck. They went to a dealership and spoke with a salesman (in Pennsylvania) about what they wanted. The salesman pushed for them to purchase an 8 cylinder truck because it was so much better than a 6 cylinder. My parents tried out a few different trucks. The salesman continually told them they should go with the 8 cylinder. After several hours of negotiating, my parents bought what the salesman had repeatedly told them was the 8 cylinder. They picked up the truck a week later but didn't really get a chance to drive it because they left the next day for a 9 day vacation. They just got back and, after driving the truck for two days, my dad discovered that the truck is actually a 6 cylinder. After going through all the paperwork, we found that the only thing that has a thorough description of the truck is the sticker that was in the window. It does say 6 cylinder on it.

My parents admit that they should have read the sticker more carefully, but they believed what the salesman said. It's been less than three weeks since they signed for the purchase of the truck and less than two weeks since they actually picked it up. Can they return the truck because they did not get what they believed they were getting?

**Yes, I would**

O

oopsidaisy

*Yes, I would**

But thats not the question. The question is do they have any rights. Yes they did BEFORE they went on vacation.

C

collegegirl

I'm a bit confused, oopsidaisy. Do you mean that the time limit for returning the truck is expired? If so, what is the time limit? Also, I don't understand what you mean by saying the vacation was more important than the truck. I don't know anyone who would cancel a vacation (with plane tickets & reservations) just to stay home and drive their new vehicle.

Anyhow, I do appreciate that both of you replied to me.

HomeGuru

Look at the purchase agreement again. If the information such as make, model, VIN # etc. listed on the documents match that of the truck, then there was no "wrong truck" bought.

Souix

collegegirl said:
I'm a bit confused, oopsidaisy. Do you mean that the time limit for returning the truck is expired? If so, what is the time limit? Also, I don't understand what you mean by saying the vacation was more important than the truck. I don't know anyone who would cancel a vacation (with plane tickets & reservations) just to stay home and drive their new vehicle.

Anyhow, I do appreciate that both of you replied to me.

**Oopsidaisy is probably a car salesman**

O

oopsidaisy

*Oopsidaisy is probably a car salesman**

How did you know? They were a hot prospect with little time to make a decesion, so you pump them for the sale. They were pre occupied with their trip so i bet they would not check the contract or the truck before they left town.

Yes we look for the people with more money then brains.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">