• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Braces for Mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mermaidatsea

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I have had some very interesting dental work done in the past where one particular dentist made a first class mess by removing 4 important teeth to make room for wisdom teeth and filled other back teeth unnecessarily causing them to become a life long concern as he gutted them and filled them with amalgam. This dentist also failed to make sure an upper canine was able to come into my arch and left me with an awkward rediculous arch and smile,loss of jaw bone, crowding, tmj pain, clicking jaw and years of sinus pain that involved the most dreadful headaches and toothache. This was all done in another country.
As I am more educated than my parents I didn't want my children in that position with dentist etc so I always hovered carefully. My daughter had braces and is very well, my husband had them recently too. I had my braces put on a few months before my husband and his are off whilst mine are still on. They have been on 2 years today. We have all seen the same highly recommended dentist and had no issues til now. We moved and my orthodontist promised to prorata my remaining funds as I paid in full at the start.
My problem is that my treatment is going to cost even more as I found upon seeing another orthodontist who disagrees with how my ortho handled and treated me. The new ortho turns out to have been one of my previous ortho's teachers and someone who has actively remained involved in his field by not only working in it but writing texts on the subject and teaching.He is an older more experienced man
When I saw my previous ortho he had done impressions etc, X rays etc as usual and upon seeing where my canine was commented that it was not ankylosed but still in its follicle and apparantly free of the bone. When it was due to erupt in myearly teens I was hit in the face when playing baseball and it set up such an inflammation there it got stuck I think. I was treated with antibiotics by a physician because he was concerned about the tooth and its proximity inb the floor of my very large maxillary sinuses. My dentist at the time as time as shown couldn't have cared less.
When my braces went on the canine immediately started to descend and is now sitting at the gumline but on the palate side right above where it should be but stuck. Its a big mobile lump in the soft tissue. My previous ortho sent me to an oral surgeon to have it reviewed, the oral surgeon wanted to remove the canine telling the ankylosis story without a thought then I asked him to note the follicle and non ankylosis. Then he said to remove my first bicuspid to let the canine come through but I had a second bicuspid that had a crown on it and had harboured an infection for 25 years that has been going back and forth between my right maxillary sinus and the tooth. It had also aided the acne I could never get rid of over the area until I had the tooth removed last year. My face is scarred a lot there. Despite the RCT before it still hurt and it was always getting in the way because I had no canine to stop me from hitting down on it. So I chewed on my left side. When it was removed I was free of pain, acne and sinus infection. Anyway we all decided to see if moving the first bicuspid into the second bicuspid place woule enable the canine to come on down.
Meanwhile and a year later its still up there obstructed by the tilted root of the first bicuspid. My new ortho also noted that I have an ankylosed second bottom molar with the space of the first molar now in bone recession from the removal in my teenage years.The wisdom tooth is okay without any fillings.That second molar is sinking and has failed to be lifted up to come into occlusion with its partner in my upper arch. Therefore the new ortho with the MRI X Rays etc thinks it's ankylosed and needs a crown. This is all on the right too. My right side is a mess! The previous ortho missed that too. I have a bottom wire with so many twists and turns that my new ortho thinks I should everything removed and start again. Also my top teeth are all uneven too and striking the brackets below causing some chipping of my teeth.
Has my previous ortho failed me? I think he has. It looks like he just went along the route with me come what may. I think he should refund all my money to me. This has caused me much anxiety and embarrassment plus I am not made of money. My husband thinks the new ortho is a sham based upon his experience with my previous ortho but I am inclined to believe that the new ortho though of harsh judgement about it all is right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">