• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vitara

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Three years ago my wife and I had vinyl sinding installed on our home. The experience was pretty unpleasent, as the company was less than professional, but we eventually signed the forms stating that we were satisfied with the job done. The other day, I had a roofer to the house to do an estimate on another project and in the process, he started to lift up portions of the siding. Turns out, the siding guys did not install insulation (part of the contract that the entire house was to be insulated)n on the great majority of the house. The company stands on a "100% guarantee on all parts and labor" for as long as we own the home. Do we have a case that should be taken to court or the BBB.
Our experience with them and the BBB has been less than satisfying. We wrote to express our displeasure with the company. The owner (or General Manager) wrote back and trashed us as people who were hard to please and cheap, without ever having come talk to us or inspect the work of his crew.
Any help would be appreciated.

FarmerJ

Vit how would you plan on proving that the work was not done as promised ? Did your roofer replace the siding ? they had to move ? see if you have pictures of it that would help you when you consult with a local attorney . Vit If you dont know of a Attorney perhaps you should follow the Link up top FIND A LAWYER and do just that to get a consultation .

V

Vitara

The siding is still up as it was, so the proof is there for the looking. The roofer just happened to pull up a small area to see where a leak may have started. That's when we discovered the lack of insulation. He has not done a bit of work yet, said that we were best off to resolve the siding issue before he did any work. I was considering having the siding company send a rep. out to do an inspection, but I hesitate only because of the ugliness from the beginning. Other than that I am not sure who else to show it too, unless an attorney.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">