• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tcathey07

My state is Illinois.

I paid a business to have a private event in their space. The space never became available for my private event. The general manager said that they wouldn't be able to have someone there until 2 1/2 hours after my event was due to begin. I then moved the event to a residental location where we had to make up for drinks that would have been provided at the (cash) bar. Can I be reimbursed for the fee I was charged for the venue and the monies spent on things related to the event, including drinks? Technically we wouldn't have had to buy drinks if the event was had opened it's doors because there was a cash bar. You can't charge people for drinks in a residential setting.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should be able to get your money back for the venue, but you're not going to recover for the drinks. You didn't have to buy drinks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">