• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cferra

Wow, messed that up.

Anyway, I was looking to sell my car several months ago. I found a buyer and went through the whole negotiation process and came to a price. I still had paper work to do to release the lein from the auto loan and get a title since I lost the title during a move. A day or two after agreeing to a price my family had a change of plans and selling was no longer viable. I informed the buyer I didn't want to see the car any more and offered to pay them back the money they spent on having it inspected. They agreed by giving me their making address, I sent the check and they received it according to a delivery receipt I had put on it by the post office. They now are suing me for the car. Did I breach a contract since it was done via text message and no papers were signed or am going to have to sell them the car?

I really do appreciate any responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">