• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BREACH OF CONTRACT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ADIVEY

I enlisted in the Army 13 months ago under the student loan repayment program. I was assured by my recruitors that my loans were indeed eligible for the programs and would be paid accordingly. I received a letter earlier this month from Perscom who advised me that my loans were not ineligible for repayment by the government. I joined for the soul purpose of repaying those loans back. Now am being told that do to some technicality my loans will not be repaid and I am expected to serve out the rest of my enlist. Now if the Army does not have to honor they end of the deal why should I. I had to provide promissary notes to the processing station before I could even depart for basic training. Now someone in that recruiting station knew my loans were ineligible because they had to know that they are schooled trained to know the ends and outs of the contracts drawn up. I hope there is someone out there has has some knowledge of military law who can assist me. I want to be honorably discharged because of breach of contract. I should not have to serve out my terms when the army has reneged on our agreement. Please tell mw what legal recourse I have and what if any paperwork I should fill out at JAG. I enlisted in Texas.
Thank You

C

Cassy

Army Loan Repayment Program

I am not familiar with the program you mention but looked up the Perscom website and then under the section for "Get College Loans Repaid" read the FAQs. I found this contact info for questions that might be a place to start.

Direct questions regarding the Loan Repayment Program to a local Army Education Center or the Education Incentives and Counseling Branch.
CDR USPERSCOM
ATTN TAPC-PDE-EI STE 3N17
200 STOVALL STREET
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22332-0472
COML: 703-325-0285
DSN: 221-0285
COML FAX: 703-325-9811
DSN FAX: 221-9811
TOLLFREE: 1-800-872-8272
EMAIL: [email protected]

You can check it out at http://www.armyeducation.army.mil/lrp.htm

I am not an attorney so maybe someone else can answer your legal question but I hope the information at the website helps some. Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">