• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

William Wagner

I advanced my attorney (representative) $450.00 for Social Security Disability Claim. The form from Social Security Administration, OMB No. 0960-0527 (APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE) that was signed by both me and my attorney in Part II ( ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT)

On the back of this form states that a representative may accept money in advance as long as he or she holds it in a trust or escrow account. This was not done and my attorney refuses to return my $450.00, after receiving payment from SSA. He told me to sue him for it, is this a breach of contract.

There are other things that he did not do like filing papers on time that almost cost me to start the hole process from the begining, but I am only concerned about the advance. Also am I able to sue him in Small Claims for more money than the $450.00.
for breach of contract.

I live in Chicago, Ill

Thank You

Bill Wagner

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">