• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract/Confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

benm

What is the name of your state? NV

background: the parent company, of a recruiting firm that I was working with on a new career opportunity, is the cpa firm that my company uses.

situation: as the recruiting firm and i were negotiating the details of a new opportunity and my superior was working on a counter offer, the principal at the parent-cpa firm called the ceo of my company and divulged that this recruitment is taking place with me and that their firm was not the initiator in this transaction. now that this has been revealed to the ceo, the counter offer my superior was working on is no longer possible. also, wanting the possibility to come back to work for this company, it was important that they did not know i initiated interest for other opportunities.

questions: i sent my resume/cover letter asking for confidentiality.

1.) does the transaction between the recruitment subsidiary and me constitute a contact?
2.) did the principal of the cpa firm breach the confidentiality i requested?
3.) are there any previous case decisions closely related to my situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">