• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract funeral home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frances Ensey

My mother died 5/8. Parents had a pre-need contract w/home dated 1996. After the service, my father said that it was not the right urn that they picked out together in 96'. I have contacted them, they said they would attempt to find the correct one. I have called 2x's and was given empty promises. She is in a cheap urn that they supplied. I have logged dates of the calls made to the home. Director said he would come out for the 2nd time monday, its thursday p.m. no show or call. I've been trying to get this straight for a month now. They are being very cold to our blight. Do I have a breach of contract case?
Also, the contract was paid in full years ago but when we went to make arrangements, one of the directors change the price to a lower one, but Dad still has not had a refund. Same urn # however.
Is this a small claims case? My Dad and Brother can't sleep at night knowing that this is going on....

L

loku

Consumer Affairs?

Yes, this is a breach of contract. You have three choices that I can think of : (1) sue in Small Claims Court; (2) have an attorney write a letter for you , or (3) put in a complaint with the state department of consumer affairs.

I would suggest that you make the complaint with consumer affairs before considering the other options: it is the easiest and cheepest. If they can not help, then decide which other option to take. Since you did not give your state, I can not give you a link to the consumer affairs site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">