• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract??? Remdies???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BJeffy

What is the name of your state? California

I am traveling registered nurse and I have a contract with a company called XXXXX Nurse and to make a long story short…..I was contracted to work for at least 14 weeks and 526 hours for a hospital. Just prior to the start date, I called the hospital for my schedule and was told that I wasn’t needed.

Obviously, there is more to this story (like breaching a prior contract) but the bottom line is that I have a signed contract for at least $23,000 dollars and no work.

Below is the actually contract....

Congratulations! Your assignment at XXXXXXXXX has been extended through November 24, 2003.

Assignment Dates and Location

Your travel assignment will begin on August 18, 2003 and last until November 24, 2003. You will be working in the Telemetry unit at the XXXXXX. The hospital is located at XXXXXXXX. The contact is XXXXXX and she can be reached at XXXXXXXX.

Payments and Shifts

You will be compensated an Aggregate rate of $30.00 for every hour worked and approved by your supervisor at the hospital. The aggregate rate is based on a rate of $25.71 per hour for the first 8 hours of your shift and $38.57 per hour for the last 4 hours. If you are required to work more than 40 hours in one week, you will be compensated at a rate of $45.00 per hour for every hour worked in excess of 40 hours. You will work three, 12-hour nightshifts from 7:00pm - 7:00am. If you are sick or are unable to work, you are required to make up that time throughout the course of your assignment.

You were ineligible for the $1,872.00 bonus on your first assignment, but you will have the chance to make it up on this assignment. To qualify for the $1,872.00 bonus you must complete at least 14 weeks and make up any time that you missed on your last assignment, therefore you must work a minimum of 526 hours.

Housing

You have elected to take a month off and to stay in our housing. Therefore, you will be responsible for all costs associated for that month.

All other terms and conditions of the original contract apply unless otherwise stipulated in writing.

I am always here to assist you with any of your needs. If I can make any part of your travel assignment more pleasant, please do not hesitate to call me.

Thank you again for choosing xxxxx Nurses.

Please acknowledge your acceptance of this letter by signing below and faxing back to XXXX Nurses at (866) XXXXX ASAP.

Best Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXX

AGREED AND ACCEPTED
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you could, please let me know what kind of leg I have to stand on and if I should pursue this matter....I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">