• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a breach of contract from AT&T?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sivy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

If AT&T offered me one service, took my deposit, and cannot deliver on what was agreed upon, can I sue them?

AT&T called me to begin with, and offered a bundle DirecTV, unlimited local and long distance phone, and internet at 6Mbps speed. I agreed, and they took a deposit on the equipment. That evening, they called back and said the speed on the internet would be 768Kbps. I told them we agreed upon 6Mbps, and they said that speed was not available in our area, and have been giving me the run-around ever since.

My phone has been disconnected so far, please help before my internet is cut off as well.

Last edited:

sivy

When they took the deposit, I was paying for service that included 6Mbps. How can we agree on that and then not give it to me?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

If AT&T offered me one service, took my deposit, and cannot deliver on what was agreed upon, can I sue them?

AT&T called me to begin with, and offered a bundle DirecTV, unlimited local and long distance phone, and internet at 6Mbps speed. I agreed, and they took a deposit on the equipment. That evening, they called back and said the speed on the internet would be 768Kbps. I told them we agreed upon 6Mbps, and they said that speed was not available in our area, and have been giving me the run-around ever since.

My phone has been disconnected so far, please help before my internet is cut off as well.
AT&T does not offer DirecTV. DirecTV is a satellite service, like Dish Network, and is a company of it's own.

If AT&T offered you TV services, they probably offered you U-verse, their version of digital television services. U-verse is NOT satellite service, but wired digital service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">