• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of implied contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TheShyOne

What is the name of your state? Washington
We spent over $300,000 expanding our business based on 3 years of repeated requests & data by another company. THEN they wanted a (horrible) contract & refused to negotiate terms. They never came to the party. The preliminary documents were stolen along with my laptop during a break-in.
Think there is a possibility of our winning a "breach of implied contract" case? I was naive enough to expand without a contract for the work, but I'm not naive enough to think they won't lie under oath, so it would mostly be their word against ours. I do have our revised business plan that names them and gives their projections and, hopefully, a couple of outside witnesses.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TheShyOne said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
We spent over $300,000 expanding our business based on 3 years of repeated requests & data by another company. THEN they wanted a (horrible) contract & refused to negotiate terms. They never came to the party. The preliminary documents were stolen along with my laptop during a break-in.
Think there is a possibility of our winning a "breach of implied contract" case? I was naive enough to expand without a contract for the work, but I'm not naive enough to think they won't lie under oath, so it would mostly be their word against ours. I do have our revised business plan that names them and gives their projections and, hopefully, a couple of outside witnesses.

My response:

What are you talking about? You're writing like we already know your situation. Do you want to write this in English, and give us the details? Also, don't ask us questions like "Think there is a possibility of our winning a "breach of implied contract" case?" when we can't see the file.

If you have a specific legal question, and not one that requires a crystal ball, we'd be glad to help.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">