• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breech of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mark a. skaggs

Sent in a previous message, but left out one of the important facts.

We were trying to buy a boat. Picked out the boat and settled on all the details of the entire deal. We DID put money down on the boat and had a signed contract. No time limit was stated, but the salesperson and the store manager knew that the sale would not be complete until the last of October because we were refinancing our house to get the cash out to buy the boat. The salesperson called to check on things and see how the loan was going one week ago. I told her that everything was going fine. She asked if we still had a deal and I told her that it looked like we still did. She said that we needed to give them one week notice before we picked up the boat.

This last Sat. we went to the boat dealership to tell them that we would be picking up the boat the following week-end. First they told us that the boat was no longer in the showroom because they had moved it to another building and then they said that they had sold the boat. Is this a breech of contract since we had money down and a signed contract? Can they be forced to honor the contract?

L

LEEZA7

CAR DEALERSHIP CONTRACT

mark a. skaggs said:
Sent in a previous message, but left out one of the important facts.

We were trying to buy a boat. Picked out the boat and settled on all the details of the entire deal. We DID put money down on the boat and had a signed contract. No time limit was stated, but the salesperson and the store manager knew that the sale would not be complete until the last of October because we were refinancing our house to get the cash out to buy the boat. The salesperson called to check on things and see how the loan was going one week ago. I told her that everything was going fine. She asked if we still had a deal and I told her that it looked like we still did. She said that we needed to give them one week notice before we picked up the boat.

This last Sat. we went to the boat dealership to tell them that we would be picking up the boat the following week-end. First they told us that the boat was no longer in the showroom because they had moved it to another building and then they said that they had sold the boat. Is this a breech of contract since we had money down and a signed contract? Can they be forced to honor the contract?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">