• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breeders Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RS91

What is the name of your state? Guam
Hello and Good day! I was wondering what action can I take from a person who ows me money? I sell puppies and I allow my buyers to do financing they will pay 2/3 of the amount and pay the remaining balance of $100.00/month. We made a contract stating that he/she must pay the monthly payment or he/she must return the puppy if the payment could not be meet and there will be no refund. This person is way overdue and has not return any of my phone calls. What action can I take to solve this problem?

Thank
You

JETX

File a small claims action on her. Unless your agreement has a statement of venue (that it will be heard in your county or state), you will have to file in their county.

R

RS91

Thank you for the quick reply.... This is the first time for me to do this. I only have a written contract with signatures but I don't have any photo copy of her ID is this good enough? and where do I go to file a small claims?

Again
Thank you....

H

hexeliebe

As JetX told you, unless it's addressed in the contract such as "all legal actions resulting from this contract shall be file in xyz county" then you'll have to file in the county where the buyer lives.

and you don't need the ID, the contract will do.

R

RS91

Thank you very much for all the info..... Again I was promise to get paid last saturday but never did ... :mad: I guess going to court will be a good experience for me... :cool:

Again Thanks

H

hexeliebe

Please have an attorney in Guam read your contract and make the necessary amendments and additions to it so that this doesn't happen again.

Also, tell him/her that you want any dispute to be resolved based on the prevailing laws of Guam. This will allow you to file against any new occurrance of this kind without having to travel to the contiguous 48 states.

And the cost is minimal compared to having this happen again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">