• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bridesmaid dress doesnt fit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sonyao

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister bought a bridesmaid dress in May 2001 for my wedding in Aug. 2003. The place we got the dress from said they could not get her size (plus size) but they could get us the biggest they have and we could have it altered to fit. the saleslady said if it was unable to be altered, bring it back and we would get our money back. We took the dress to 2 different seamstresses and both said the dress was way too small and to alter it that much would destroy it and make it look obvious that it was altered. We then tried to return the dress and we were told that we could get in store credit but not a cash refund. We have had problems with the store before (lost dresses) and we don't want it to happen with anything else. (ex: shoes) what are my options?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sonyao said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister bought a bridesmaid dress in May 2001 for my wedding in Aug. 2003. The place we got the dress from said they could not get her size (plus size) but they could get us the biggest they have and we could have it altered to fit. the saleslady said if it was unable to be altered, bring it back and we would get our money back. We took the dress to 2 different seamstresses and both said the dress was way too small and to alter it that much would destroy it and make it look obvious that it was altered. We then tried to return the dress and we were told that we could get in store credit but not a cash refund. We have had problems with the store before (lost dresses) and we don't want it to happen with anything else. (ex: shoes) what are my options?

Top Ten Mall Stores Where Your Sister SHOULD Have Bought Her Dress - -

NUMBER 10: "Bologna By The Inch".

NUMBER 9: "Victoria's Secret Stash Of Oreos".

NUMBER 8: "Gap For Fat Women".

NUMBER 7: "Gap For Really Fat Women".

NUMBER 6: "Gap For Women So Fat They Can't Leave The House And Their Mom Has To Come Buy Stuff For Them".

NUMBER 5: "Senor Sedentary's XXL Sweatpants Shack".

NUMBER 4: "Old Gravy".

NUMBER 3: "The Rounder Image".

NUMBER 2: "Bed, Bath And Big Ass".

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Store Where Your Sister SHOULD Have Bought Her Dress - -

"The Cake Depot".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">