• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brnaded RV Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tomlenzini

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Florida
I am doing this at the request of a friend that is at his wits end. Last month he purchased a motor home on Ebay. The motor home was in Arizona. He flew to Arizona, insptected the vehilce himself and decided that it was good. He got the title, not branded, and no indications on it that anything was wrong with the vehicle. Arizona title. They issued a tempory tag for him to drive the vehicle to Florida. The tag was good for a couple of months. After he got the vehilce back he went to the title office to get it registerd in Florida. They told him to wait until his birth month to save money and his tad and title from Arizona were still good.

When he did go in to register the vehicle last week, Florida did a check and found that the vehicle had been branded as a total loss and that he could not get a title in Florida even though the title from Arizona was clean. When he checked with Arizona they can not explain how the title was clean from them. He contacted Georgia where the vehcile was titled prior to the owner he purchased it from and they relplied that is was a salvage title but that that could have been removed by them if the vehicle has been inspected.

The person that my friend bought the vehicle from says when he got the vehicle he had no idea it was a salvage vehicle either and he took it to Arizona and had it titled there and drove it for several years before having to sell it.

Any advice on what my friend can do now. He is stuck with a vehicle in Florida that is not legal to drive and has not way of getting a title.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Florida
I am doing this at the request of a friend that is at his wits end. Last month he purchased a motor home on Ebay. The motor home was in Arizona. He flew to Arizona, insptected the vehilce himself and decided that it was good. He got the title, not branded, and no indications on it that anything was wrong with the vehicle. Arizona title. They issued a tempory tag for him to drive the vehicle to Florida. The tag was good for a couple of months. After he got the vehilce back he went to the title office to get it registerd in Florida. They told him to wait until his birth month to save money and his tad and title from Arizona were still good.

When he did go in to register the vehicle last week, Florida did a check and found that the vehicle had been branded as a total loss and that he could not get a title in Florida even though the title from Arizona was clean. When he checked with Arizona they can not explain how the title was clean from them. He contacted Georgia where the vehcile was titled prior to the owner he purchased it from and they relplied that is was a salvage title but that that could have been removed by them if the vehicle has been inspected.

The person that my friend bought the vehicle from says when he got the vehicle he had no idea it was a salvage vehicle either and he took it to Arizona and had it titled there and drove it for several years before having to sell it.

Any advice on what my friend can do now. He is stuck with a vehicle in Florida that is not legal to drive and has not way of getting a title.
You already have the answer on how to "fix" this...get the vehicle to Georgia for them to inspect it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">