• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken hearted horse lover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suzz353

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California.

We entered into a contract to sponsor a horse that my daughter has been training for a year. The ranch owner expressed high praise of my daughter's care and training of the horse. Due to a conflict with the owner's domestic partner; (someone who has been verbally abusive and has made intimidating gestures toward my daughter and other customers) we have been ordered off the property (by him). We are unable to visit the horse that my daughter has become so close to. She is absolutely broken hearted and bewildered at 16 years of age. The contract is month to month, and states that it can be canceled by either party at any time.

BTW...the contract is between, (and signed by) myself and the owner only, no dp involved in our agreement.

Do we have any recourse?

Last edited:

suzz353

gratitude

Thank you, Mrs., for reading and replying to my post. I suspect you have pointed out our one workable option. We have been hoping that perhaps the owner would come to her senses and invite us back.

She may be under the influence of "The Dark Side". ;)

We continue to struggle with the emotional after-effects. The ranch owner, the boarders, the other sponsors, they go on with their usual routines. Many of them continue to be very supportive of my daughter; they take care of "her" horse in the way that she would care for him and they keep her posted.

I feel angy that she is able to go on with her business and routine, while my daughter is suffering so much; missing her friend. I know that the horse is showing signs of bewilderment, too.

Mrs., you are absolutely correct. Everyone needs to be very careful about what is written in any contract, and think through the possibilities before signing.

Suzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">