• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Partnership Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jps_ecs

Need help with Partnership agreement in Maine!
I entered into a Partnership with someone on a verbal, and handshake basis. I have evidence that this partnership existed for 3 months. At the end of the latest job we were working at, he left the job site without telling me. This was last Friday. He then returned to the job site the next day (Saturday), when we were not scheduled to work. He finished the little remaining work that needed to be completed, told the home owner we were finished, he would get with me to "settle up", and took the final payment from our customer. All of this happens when I am not aware of any of it. He calls me the following Monday, and says" we are through, I got the check, too bad for you", among other things. I have filed a small claim suit.

Here is the question:
We had an agreement, verbal/handshake.
He took the monies from a job that we worked at together.
I have a deposit for work that we have a contract for. He went to the customer and said that we were not working together anymore, and he would start/finish the job that we had the deposit for. I believe I am entitled to one half of all contracts that we gained while we were partners. Am I right? Thanks alot in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">