• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bug in my Burger

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heavyduty13

Colorado :eek: On Sunday May 8th 2005 I stopped at the McDonalds on 74th and Federal after work. I ordered 2 regular hamburgers, fries and a Coke, and took the food home. I sat at the table, unwrapped the first hamburger, and lifted the bun to remove the pickle....when a black bug crawled from the hamburger! Do I have any type of legal recourse? I have contacted the restaurant in question on numerous occasions, including filing a written complaint, however they are unresponsive to my inquiries. No one has returned any of my phone calls. I have also contacted Tri-County Health Department to make them aware of the situation, and they actually did call back and are investigating the complaint.

panzertanker

heavyduty13 said:
Colorado :eek: On Sunday May 8th 2005 I stopped at the McDonalds on 74th and Federal after work. I ordered 2 regular hamburgers, fries and a Coke, and took the food home. I sat at the table, unwrapped the first hamburger, and lifted the bun to remove the pickle....when a black bug crawled from the hamburger! Do I have any type of legal recourse? I have contacted the restaurant in question on numerous occasions, including filing a written complaint, however they are unresponsive to my inquiries. No one has returned any of my phone calls. I have also contacted Tri-County Health Department to make them aware of the situation, and they actually did call back and are investigating the complaint.
Seems like you have already done all that you can....

You Are Guilty

Legally, all you are entitled to is a replacement of the burger or a refund of its cost. I suggest you not contact an attorney, as they will take 1/3 of any funds they recover on your behalf.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">