• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Building Permits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trueliberty

What is the name of your state? Washington state

I can find no evidence of law that Building permits are required by private parties on private property. If they are, then local officials should be able to show the applicable law and how it applies to private activity, but instead, city had electricity cut off with no court order and no due process. City says they don't have any duty to show the private individual any proof of their authority.

Labor and Industries says the same thing, and with no court order and no due process worked with city and pud to cut off electricity.

Can anyone direct me to the case in Washington state that was won when a private party on private property was attacked by the local building permit department for not having a permit? I understand the suit was won in both the superior and supreme courts of Washington.

Any help or information about the right to build without a permit when a private activity on private property is appreciated.
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">