• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business adding error do i need to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickster1185

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hi i recently got married and paid for the reception however now the place called and said they made a adding error and added $110 instead of $1100 . on the bill i have it shows $1100 it also says paid in full but shows the adding error. Now they want $990 . What is the law with this. I mean they made the mistake, even though i realize i should have to pay for it. and should i now have to pay for it.

Rick

Last edited:

djohnson

What was your original estimate for? Was it the lower amount and the error not found til later, or for the higher amount and then just the bill had the error? If you knew it was suppose to be more, then you don't have anything to fight with.

rickster1185

wedding

they never gave me an estimate we just sat down and worked out the numbers, i truthfully never even checked whether the bill was right or not because i was there when they added it up. it wasn't until 2 days ago that they called me to tell me about their error. My wedding was march 19th so it's been a couple weeks. My question is do i have anything to go on so i don't have to pay for it? thanks

rick

djohnson

No, I don't see anything that would save you from paying it. I also can't imagine just hiring without asking the price up front.

If you were in agreement about both the cost and the services, why on earth would you think that you weren't responsible for payment because of a math error? It's only been a couple of weeks, not a couple of years... :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">