• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business interference from prev. owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canuhelp

I am trying to find out if there are laws regarding the interference of a previous owner in the operation of a sole proprietorship of current owner in NYS. The type of interference I am referring to, is calling clients in regards to prospective jobs, harrassing employees and threatening to replace them to the point that the employees are threatening to quit, telling salesman and spreading rumors that he is going to take the business back or will own it once again. Also, using the business phone number as his own phone number for personal and business use.

If you can direct me as to which laws I am looking at, the type of law and any cases I can refer to, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yes, of course, there's something you can do !

This guy has not only interfered with the contract you have with him, but he's interfering with your contractual relations with third parties. All because he's the former owner, does not give him any right to interfere. He has as much right to interfere with you as I do, which is none.

You should see your attorney to immediately file suit for Breach of Contract, Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing, Negligent and Intentional Interference with Contractual Relations, and for an Injunction and Damages. There may, in fact, be other and further Causes of Action - - but, the main thrust here is that this guy needs to be stopped immediately and permanently enjoined.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

C

canuhelp

Thank you for your assistance. I will inform my boss of this information right away. I appreciate your quick reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">