• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business payment agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C-N-

i am in the state of ca. i have a bus. contract with the pymt. due on the fist of every month. i make my pymts late every month (on purpose) i have never missed a payment. I get a proof of mailing recpt. each month to prove i mailed it before the end of the month. is there anything the contract holder can leagally do to me to make me pay on the 1st of the month? this person holding the contract tries to make my life miserable. this is just a slight irritation i have enjoyed but do not want to get forclosed on. i would appreciate any help.:

JETX

Need more information:

1) What type of 'business contract'?

2) Your post said, "i make my pymts late every month (on purpose) i have never missed a payment."
Why do you pay late on purpose every month?? If late, then you HAVE missed payments.

3) Your post said, "I get a proof of mailing recpt. each month to prove i mailed it before the end of the month."
If the payment is due on the first, yet you pay before the first, how are the payments late??

4) You ask, "is there anything the contract holder can leagally do to me to make me pay on the 1st of the month?"
Of course there is!! If your payment is not on time, that could constitute breach of contract. Read the contract and see what you are required to do, and what happens when you don't do it.

C

C-N-

This is a note on a business. The contract was held by one person. That person died. Now I make the payment to his sister. The pymt is due on the first of the month. I pay on the 25th of the month. (25 days late) The sister has tried she best to make my life miserable. (I NEVER had any problems with her brother, and was never late on a pymt) So having my pymt late is just a little irritation on my part to thank her for her behavior. I have never missed a pymt, there just late.
The contract doesn't say anything about late pymt chgs etc. It was an intrest free Very simple contract between the brother and me. She can't forclose on me can she? I don't want a legal battle. I just want to give her something to brew about.
Thanks for your reply

JETX

Your use of the word 'foreclose' is confusing. Is you house security for this 'mysterious loan'?? If so, and if you breach the agreement, she could foreclose.

As to what other remedies she might have, we would have to know the ENTIRE contents of the loan agreement, which is beyond the scope of this conversation.

C

C-N-

I am probably not even close to telling you what you need to know to help me. Sorry. Obviously I don't know the terminology to give you an "in depth" view of what I have going on. I have to go to Doggie School right now, I will try to explain my situation better. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">