• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Refusing to Return My Merchandise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenjen817

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I purchased a camper shell and a product called a bed rug which is a carpet bed liner from a dealer. The camper shell and parts of my vehicle were damaged during installation. My vehicle was fixed by my insurance due to unauthorized work performed by the dealer. The shell after many many many conversations was repaired by the manufacturer after the dealer damaged it. After 6 weeks the shell is back at the dealer from the manufacturer and the dealer will not release the camper shell due to a credit card dispute I filed on the bed rug merchandise.

Do they have legal right to withhold my camper shell..doubt it but what legal grounds due I have to stand on? Can I recoup losses now of the 6 weeks it was back at the manufacturer due to loss of use? Can I recoup anything for this issue? Can I bring law enforcement in to their business due to refusal to return my property?

Clarification: the disputed charges are for a bed rug purchased from the same merchant and not for the property in question.

dispute=bed rug

not disputed purchase=camper shell

Thank you in advance for your help. I just want and need my shell back.

swalsh411

If it were me I would go to their place of business, give them one final opportunity to return my property, and then call the police from their lobby.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">