• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buy here, pay here problems!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mortikaden

What is the name of your state? New York

i recently went to a buy here, pay here in my area and purchased a car. i picked up my car 3 days later the clutch went and it was in the shop for the rest of the week friday of that week we had an ice storm that left the area powerless for a week so he could not be paid that week. when the power came back on a week later i picked up my car and asked the owner of the sales place how much i owed him he said he had to sit down and figure it out and he would call me back. He never called back a the next week i called him to let him know that i didn't recieve a paycheck because my employer was out of power also so i didn't work for a week he said ok and said i owed him for 4 weeks i told him i would be in on friday to pay him, but that friday i didn't get out of work until after he was closed and the next morning my car was repossessed by him. when i called to find out what was going on he said i owed him for 4 weeks of payments but i only had the car for 3 weeks, he also said i owed him $200 dollars on a clutch repair he offered to pay half and $250 for a repo fee is there anything i can do about this guy
Thanx

S

Shaun099

That day when you got out of work late it might have been better to call him and tell him you will be late beacuse of work, he proberly thought you weren't going to pick it up. And your car was kept there for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">