• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyer beware

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aurora05

What is the name of your state? NJ

I purchased a gift over the telephone and with the information given verbally there was no reason to believe there was a no return policy. The item was delivered and requested the person to sign and since they were not satisfied they said no. The person told them to keep it for three days and then they can return it if they only initial and not sign the document but this was not in writing. So they did. My question is this;
Since I am the one who made the purchase, shouldn't I be the one who the contract is with? therefore I should have signed the contract? or at least been given the contract before delivery?

They only initialed the paper, does this consitute as a binding agreement? especially since they did this under a verbal condition?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">