• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer's remorse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bryan Poston

My home state is Kansas. My wife purchased a $385 watch from a Jeweler at Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS. After arriving home she researched online the value of her purchase and discovered the same watch for $100 less. She called the store where she had made the original purchase and was told that she could not return the watch. Is there not a three day period in which she can return the watch under buyer's remorse laws? Does she have any recoarse? She did use an American Express charge card to make the purchase.

Thank you

Bryan Poston

You Are Guilty

Bryan Poston said:
My home state is Kansas. My wife purchased a $385 watch from a Jeweler at Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS. After arriving home she researched online the value of her purchase and discovered the same watch for $100 less. She called the store where she had made the original purchase and was told that she could not return the watch. Is there not a three day period in which she can return the watch under buyer's remorse laws? Does she have any recoarse? She did use an American Express charge card to make the purchase.

Thank you

Bryan Poston
Depending on which AmEx card she used, they may offer "price protection" for something like this (I know my platnium has it, I don't think the "lower" cards do though.)

Otherwise, there is no law to protect buyers who overpay in malls. The law you're alluding to applies only to contracts signed in your house after a salesmen comes to your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">