+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buyer's remorse

Bryan Poston is offline Junior Member

Buyer's remorse

My home state is Kansas. My wife purchased a $385 watch from a Jeweler at Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS. After arriving home she researched online the value of her purchase and discovered the same watch for $100 less. She called the store where she had made the original purchase and was told that she could not return the watch. Is there not a three day period in which she can return the watch under buyer's remorse laws? Does she have any recoarse? She did use an American Express charge card to make the purchase.

Thank you

Bryan Poston
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Poston
    My home state is Kansas. My wife purchased a $385 watch from a Jeweler at Oak Park Mall in Overland Park, KS. After arriving home she researched online the value of her purchase and discovered the same watch for $100 less. She called the store where she had made the original purchase and was told that she could not return the watch. Is there not a three day period in which she can return the watch under buyer's remorse laws? Does she have any recoarse? She did use an American Express charge card to make the purchase.

Thank you

Bryan Poston
    Depending on which AmEx card she used, they may offer "price protection" for something like this (I know my platnium has it, I don't think the "lower" cards do though.)

Otherwise, there is no law to protect buyers who overpay in malls. The law you're alluding to applies only to contracts signed in your house after a salesmen comes to your home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.