• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyers remorse of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phatley

What is the name of your state? TX

I signed a contract for a dating service last night and paid by credit card but when I woke up this morning I had changed my mind. It has a clause saying it is not refundable and no cancellations under any circumstances. Does the 3 day cancellation law apply?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

phatley said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I signed a contract for a dating service last night and paid by credit card but when I woke up this morning I had changed my mind. It has a clause saying it is not refundable and no cancellations under any circumstances. Does the 3 day cancellation law apply?

My response:

Although you didn't mention it, I must presume that you went to the merchant's place of business where you signed the contract. If that's the case, then the "Texas Home Solicitation Transactions Act [Art. 5069-13.01 VATS]" doesn't help you; i.e., you do not have 3 days to cancel. You're stuck.

IAAL

P

phatley

Re: Re: buyers remorse of contract

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Although you didn't mention it, I must presume that you went to the merchant's place of business where you signed the contract. If that's the case, then the "Texas Home Solicitation Transactions Act [Art. 5069-13.01 VATS]" doesn't help you; i.e., you do not have 3 days to cancel. You're stuck.

IAAL
I did go to the merchant's place of business so I guess I'm stuck thanks for your help.

D

damon_achey

Same exact situation

I feel for you, I'm in the exact same situation. Large amount of money and the vague contract left a bad taste in my mouth the next day. I'm not betting Wa. state's laws are any different from what I can find either.

Good luck to you.

Damon

P

phatley

I think you should have the three days to cancel whether you go to their place of business or whether they come to you. I hope your state is different than Tx.

Good luck

Phylis

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">