• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying a car that still has a loan on it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

piper

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi Guys,

I found a car i really like and the seller is an individual seller, i verified that he is the owner but he told me he owes the bank on this car (has not pay it off yet from wellsfargo bank)

and title is with the bank, so any idea how i should proceed to make sure title will be transfered to me without the lien when i pay for the car?

When i do the transaction at wellsfargo what should i get when i walk out the bank's door besides the car keys?

Thanks for the help in advanced guys.

This is my first car purchase :)

CraigFL

You should be able to make an appointment at Wells Fargo and with the seller so all three interested parties are present when the transaction is made. The seller will get paid, the leinholder will be paid and the title release and transfer will occur properly. Technically, all WF has to do is sign the title with their release and give it to you right there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">