• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a new car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christygeorge2

i live in texas.i signed a new car contract about three months ago .i never took possession of this vehicle.when i got home i looked over the contract they had my mother n law the buyer me as co buyer which should have been me the buyer and her the co buyer.this was a high pressure sale and we should have walked away .there was several reasons this was a bad deal which would take a while to explain.they had bets in the office that the salesman would sell or not and the salesman made several comments If i did not hurry he would have to get another salesman his boss thought he was not doing his job.we had a very hard time deciding on price him going back and fourth from one office to another.anyway we have filed in small claims which is taking forever to hear back this is the third month of this.just looking for some advice..

JETX

There are MANY, MANY unanswered questions in your post......

What specifically did you claim in your Small Claims action?? How much are you claiming?
Why did you file???

What ever happened to the car that you seem to have purchsed??? Do they still have YOUR car?? Have you been contacted by a lender due to your failure to pay???

What does the court say when you contact them? Has the Defendant been served?? If so, they have 10 days from the Monday following service to file an answer. Did they??? If not and if that time has expired, you can contact the court and request a trial date.

I would strongly suggest that you go to a local library or bookstore and get a book, "How to Win in Small Claims court in Texas". Read it.

C

christygeorge2

small claims court

I never took possession of this vehicle. the finance office are saying they are going to sue me for non payment..I filed my case almost three months ago it was just served about three weeks ago they keep telling we ought to here something wednesday for the last 2 weeks...im not sure what else i need to do..I keep getting certified letters every day from the finance office they said they are going to repo the car it is still at the dealership i think...
help........

C

christygeorge2

got a call

i got a call today saying the defendent had until nov 5 to give an answer...what if they deny the claim, i'm sure they are going to try to out smart me since the corporation i'm sueing has a lawyer and i do not. It seems as though they already have since it took three months to get an answer. the deputy who was to deliver the papers could not find the address of the attorney i had to send the papers to . (yea right) the clerk gave me his name i called him and oh my gosh they were served the next day...

JETX

Whether you physically took possession of the vehicle is not relevant. It is your car, you can drive it, give it away, drop it into a lake, etc. Or you can do as you have... park it at the dealership. Doesn't matter, it is still your car.

Now, as to your problem... you signed the financing contract and are responsible for paying it. It was YOUR responsibility to read the contract and confirm that it was correct BEFORE you signed it.

Now with that FACT out of the way, please re-read my earlier response and answer SOME of the questions I asked.

C

christygeorge2

heres your answers

I claimed in my action my 500.00 down payment back and to release all contracts .I filed under the deceptive trade practice act. I never left in the car I never took it from there possession I understand we signed a contract but ,they pressured and pushed and sign here here and here very unprofessional.I have not picked up the car I do not want anything from them people they are liers and cheaters and if i did i would be agreeing to the contract. they had us sign everything and was to come in the next morning to go over it and pick up the car , they new if i left without signing a contract i would not be back. the defendent has until nov 5 to answer..At first we tried being nice we told them we did not want the car we were not treated fairly ,they said they would let us out of the deal but the day went on and not a word.We sent certified letters and no response they would not take my phone calls my mother n law sat and waited 3 hours to talk to him but nothing acomplished .so we filed on them it is not there only law suit.... and by the way they are very good salesman .I have learned a very valuable lesson

JETX

I certainly hope that you win, but based solely on your post, don't be surprised if you find yourself an owner of a car with payments.

Let us know how you do... wonders never cease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">