• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a used van

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hotpepper6900

What is the name of your state? texas
we bought a used 95 dodge ram van 2 and a half weeks ago.
we bought the van because we have 5 kids and we take trips to dallas and mississippi. we went to pick up our children from dallas last week and could not get over 60 mph it gets hot. anyhow my husband replaced 3 things thinking it would fix it. he bought a tester and used it and it seems to be a cracked head. my question is i know the lemon law is for new cars ,but is there something about buying a car and only having it for 2 weeks and finding out it has a cracked head? the dealership lonestar motors will not even return our calls.:(

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hotpepper6900 said:
What is the name of your state? texas

the dealership lonestar motors will not even return our calls.

=======================================

My response:

And why should they? They don't owe you anything. You bought a vehicle without a warranty. Prior to signing the contract, your husband and you had a chance to take the vehicle to your own mechanic to have it checked out - - but obviously, you failed to do that!

So, it's "Caveat Emptor", baby!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">