• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Used Car Dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jondelapuente

My girlfriend went to car dealer on a Friday(3/28/2014) and signed a contract for a vehicle. However, the dealer was closing so the lady told her that they would finish up the rest of the paperwork when she picked it up. The next day she thought about it and called them up and said if she could cancel it. They told her the lady that does the contracts won't be in until monday. Sunday I went in with her and the guy had said that they should be able to do it since she didn't finish all the paper work and they hadn't offered her the cooling off period option yet(also that the car wasn't even ready yet, she hasn't actually picked up the car yet). Monday(3/31/21014) comes and we go and the lady says she signed the contract and she can't really do anything, so she'll speak with the owner and see what he says. I also asked if she was offered the cooling off period option, to which she replies that that was one of the forms they were going to go over the next time my gf came in to pick up the car. My question is can she cancel it since they didn't do all the dmv paperwork yet, and she wasn't offered a cooling off period option yet ( which CA law says must be offered on a used car under $40,000, not given I'm assuming.) Also my gf put down $1000 on the car, and worst case scenario if they don't want to cancel it can she ask for the cooling off option (which the girl said would be $250). BTW this was last Friday and the girl said that they would give her an answer tomorrow(4/4/2014).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">