• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cabinets gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RandyH

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I bought cabinets for my new home last Nov. They arrived in Jan as scheduled. The problem is that they were all scratched and/or rubbed. These are dark so it shows up really good. These are Kraftmaid cabinets purchased through Home Depot. I contacted Home Depot and they had Kraftmaid come out and look. Kraftmaid then reordered a number of the cabinets and all new door and drawer fronts. All of this came in the same condition as before. I'm now under a time constraint with a contruction loan, Contruction insurance etc. I contacted the regional manager at Kraftmaid to tell them just to pick up the cabinets and I would go elsewhere. He told me they had quality control all over this and they developed a new packaging method and the next shipment would be perfect, and plus it would take longer to reorder from somewhere else. I went with it and the next order was the same. Now I'm down to the wire. I've already extended the loan 3months and they will call the loan due. I contacted Kraktmaid and they gave me a date. I told them I could wait till then but not 1 day longer as other items needed to be done after the cabinets were installed. The cabinets never came until a week after that date.This is now July. At that point I was so busy getting the rest of the house completed, I told them I would contact them after I was done with the house. Now Home Depot wants no part of this and Kraftmaid is offering $2000 to settle. The way I'm seeing it, I just paid $30,000 for used looking cabinets with $15,000 worth of granite sitting on top. What is the right thing for Home Depot and Kraftmaid to do? What type of legal options do I have as this is too large for small claims, right. Would be happy to go into more detail with someone who is willing.
Thanks for your time, Randy

R

RandyH

Is there anyone that's willing to take a stab at this issue? Is there another forum that this would be better suited? Thanks, Randy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">