• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cable Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio
We have cable TV and Internet Through Adelphia Cable. We had the cable Internet installed on Dec 15th 04. We then had the cable TV installed on the 3rd of January. Since the 15 we have had to make over 79 phone calls to Adelphia to try to get my cable internet to work reasonably well. We suffer from dialup speeds and cnstant disconnects. We use Vonage for our phone service so when the cable goes out we have to wait for it to come back up before we can call.

We have had 7 different techs come out to look at our lines and equipment 9 different itmes. (one man came out 3 times.) So far they have said they will credit me for the internet going back to the first call I made to them about the problem. That would be fine with me. I dont want to pay for something that doesnt work. And they dont want to charge me since I have proof of the disconnections.

Anyway. I called up today to check on the status of when they were sending a tech to check the outside lines since after 9 times they found out it wasnt in the house that the problem was outside. Well I was told that they checked the lines and that there was no problem outside either. SO I said if there is no problem outside or inside then where the heck is it? They said it may be on thier end and they would check into it. I said thank you and as an after thought asked how much credit they had applied to my bill.

I was told they had applied 20 dollars credit to the bill. there should have been 80 dollars in credit for the 2 months of service. It is now actually 3 months of service but I know they are working on it so I wasnt splitting hairs. But when I asked him he said they could only put 20 dollars at a time on an account. I said fine do it 3 more times and we will be even. He said they cant do that but that he would talk to his manager.

So what is my standing here. I dont care to pay for the TV bill as it has ben working fine. Still works even when the internet is out :confused: . But I refuse to pay for a service that at best is slower than dialup and that no one can seem to fix.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">