• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California - Boat Contract Requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palmtree

I purchased a boat a few months ago and am going to sue in small claims court under 'implied warranty'.

In California, is a boat dealer required to give you a sales contract similar to that of a car where the "no cooling off period" notice is required? I need to know if this dealer complied.

This is an inflatable boat purchased with a motor and when we picked up the boat, the motor was mounted on the boat for us. We were given the paperwork to register the boat with DMV, the dealer did not do this. (I know you do not have to register boats without motors in California). Also, the boat cost total with motor was $3700.00 if this makes any difference in contract requirements. We paid cash also, no financing.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">