• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Lease Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larryguy

What is the name of your state? California

I heard through the grape vine that leases on services could not exceed 3 years. My business leased a copier almost 3 years ago and the company is telling me I can't cancel my lease until the 5 year lease has been satisfied or I buy the copier. Is there any way out of this long commitment?

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

A copier is not a service, its hardware. If you lease on the hardware requires a service agreement with the supplier, then that is part of the hardware lease.

I have no opinion on CA laws on service leases.

w98

I agree with the above post - the copier itself is hardware. If they come and maintain the copier for you on a regular basis, *that* is a service and may or may not be limited to a time span.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">