• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camper Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Camper100

What is the name of your state?
Maine

Last Fall we signed a contract for a seasonal site at a camp ground in Maine.
The camp ground was sold during the winter. Do the new owners have to honor the contract we signed for this season with the precious owners? or, can they void that contract and make us sign a new one. We have paid for the sight over the winter for the 2005 season.

matti422

Well, have you asked them what their policy is? It's possible that, if they bought the business, they bought the "goodwill" (i.e. customers) with it. If they bought the land to put up a strip mall, there are other things to be dealt with... What's the story?

Camper100

The new owners at this time are going to continue as a campground.
We signed a contract and have paid the required payments over the winter for the 2005 camping year. So, I am assuming that by accepting my money, they should adhere to the contract we signed and was accepted by the campground. Do they not assume the obligations of the entire campground?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">