• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a business change the price of a contract bid?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OUSTUDent

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My parents just had their pool redone (tile, grout, etc.). They were given a bid and contract and signed for it. Later, the pool people said that they were going to have to increase the price due to "unforeseen" work that needed to be done (or something along those lines).

I am in a business law class and remember reading/hearing from my teacher that they should not be able to change the BID (especially if it is on the contract, which it is) but can change it if it is an estimate. Well, i want to find out so i can tell my parents.

Thanks, if i need to give anymore info ill try.

Chris

BelizeBreeze

OUSTUDent said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My parents just had their pool redone (tile, grout, etc.). They were given a bid and contract and signed for it. Later, the pool people said that they were going to have to increase the price due to "unforeseen" work that needed to be done (or something along those lines).

I am in a business law class and remember reading/hearing from my teacher that they should not be able to change the BID (especially if it is on the contract, which it is) but can change it if it is an estimate. Well, i want to find out so i can tell my parents.

Thanks, if i need to give anymore info ill try.

Chris
And in this 'Business Law' class do you remember hearing your professor tell you what to do when someone asks you to offer a legal opinion based on NOT READING THE CONTRACT?

OUSTUDent

if your refering to the fact that i have not read the contract you are correct. However, I did not come to this board to be put down in any way. This 'business law' class is the first of its kind that I have taken and find it to be one of my favorite. I'm sorry for trying to find out some info on a FREE ADVICE MESSAGE FORUM.

I'd call you an ******* but you'd probably sue for libel.

Thanks a bunch

matti422

Hey, now, don't get your feathers in a ruffle. There are a lot of very smart people here who are happy to help you out. You can't put vague questions up, though, and ask what a contract says when you have no information on the contract.

BelizeBreeze (and many others) can help you out if you give them enough information. Surely, in that business law class, you learned that the answer was always "it depends". More information will tell us what it depends on.

BelizeBreeze

matti422 said:
Hey, now, don't get your feathers in a ruffle. There are a lot of very smart people here who are happy to help you out. You can't put vague questions up, though, and ask what a contract says when you have no information on the contract.

BelizeBreeze (and many others) can help you out if you give them enough information. Surely, in that business law class, you learned that the answer was always "it depends". More information will tell us what it depends on.
Take my name off the list. This is the same smartass who wonders why people are so mean here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">