• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a car dealer sell you a car with a different dashboard that shows wrong mileage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biglo30

Miami, Florida

Ok my dad bought a car the other day and that gas gauge had to get repaired. Me and my friend went to get the car the next day and he drove it down the road because I was in a rush and had to get to class so I couldn't check it. When I got home from class and check it I notice that the odometer was reading 25000 more then the car actually has. I called the dealer and they told em they had to replace the whole dash and that's why the readings is wrong but they never told me that the mileage would be changed. All they told me was that they would fix the gas gauge. Should I be able to get my money back or exchange for another vehicle because a dealer doing something like that has got to be illegal to me. Please help me someone I'm just an international student trying to get a good ride to go to school

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">