• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a company take money out of your account if not authorized????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrokenCredit

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I have had Verizon's phone service for at least 13 years. I paid my bill on line and after a month I checked my bank statement and they had taken out 3 times the amount that had been authorized on their automated system. When confronted they informed me that would not give it back because it would create late fees and then I'd have to pay that. So the next day I received my next bill and they had given me a credit for $58.

Are they able to do this????

swalsh411

Was your account past due at the time you authorized payment? Verizon doesn't just take more money than authorized on an account that is paid up. There must be something else to this.

BrokenCredit

Was your account past due at the time you authorized payment? Verizon doesn't just take more money than authorized on an account that is paid up. There must be something else to this.
No, when I called initially they said the automated system had what they called (hickups) and it took out my initial payment & 2 additional payments with authorization numbers by mistake. It wasn't until I asked them to return the funds to my account, that they said if they did it would create late fees and I would have to pay them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">