• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a doctor charge me for being late to a nuclear heart stress test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GProteous

I was scheduled for a heart nuclear stress test (Thalium test). The doctor made me sign a paper that if I missed the test, I would get charged $300. I arrived at the test location 15 minutes late, so I did not really miss the appointment; I was just 15 minutes late. Besides, I stood at the front counter for 5 minutes until someone showed up to help me. Then the techs told me that the nuclear material expired and they no longer can do the heart nuclear test for me.

Then, the doctor sent me a $300 bill for "missed nuclear stress test/supply loss." It's not like I did not show up for the test; I was just 15 minutes late. The doctor is claiming that he has to pay for this nuclear supply (isotope) and that since I missed the test, I am responsible for paying for this material. Is the doctor truthful? Aren’t the techs supposed to wait until I show up before they “activate” the material? Does the doctor have a case to collect this $300 from me? What should I do please?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">