• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Cancel Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whosecar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire
I signed a contract for a used car yesterday (1/17/10). I did so without using a trade but have decided to try to trade in my current car.I probably owe more on my current car than what it's worth. If the dealership won't take my trade is there a time period in which I can break the contract? I haven't picked up the new car yet.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire
I signed a contract for a used car yesterday (1/17/10). I did so without using a trade but have decided to try to trade in my current car.I probably owe more on my current car than what it's worth. If the dealership won't take my trade is there a time period in which I can break the contract? I haven't picked up the new car yet.
New Hampshire does not appear to have a statutory right of rescission that would cover this.

If you have a way to cancel, it would be in the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">