• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I fix my mistake concerning an Answer to Complaint?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chaliglover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Cleveland, Ohio. My Answer form header was Court of Common Pleas. I filed my Answer forms but forgot to make copies (to mail to Plaintiff and keep for myself). Could I rewrite my Answer forms and mail them to the Plaintiff (without the stamp the Clerk of Courts put on my originals, which they kept)? Or, could I go back to the Clerk Of Courts and request copies (with the stamp applied)? They put a stamp on my original Answer form, I guess it's a stamp of the date I filed on. I do not have a lawyer and I'm so confused right now. Btw, I'm new to this site and forgive me if I posted this in the wrong category. Thank You :)

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Cleveland, Ohio. My Answer form header was Court of Common Pleas. I filed my Answer forms but forgot to make copies (to mail to Plaintiff and keep for myself). Could I rewrite my Answer forms and mail them to the Plaintiff (without the stamp the Clerk of Courts put on my originals, which they kept)? Or, could I go back to the Clerk Of Courts and request copies (with the stamp applied)? They put a stamp on my original Answer form, I guess it's a stamp of the date I filed on. I do not have a lawyer and I'm so confused right now. Btw, I'm new to this site and forgive me if I posted this in the wrong category. Thank You :)
If you are this confused and made that basic of an error, you should probably reconsider hiring an attorney. You would need to go back to the clerk and request stamped copies.

chaliglover

If you are this confused and made that basic of an error, you should probably reconsider hiring an attorney. You would need to go back to the clerk and request stamped copies.
You are absolutely correct. I just don't know where to start to find one and the expenses of hiring one :( Thank you for the reply, I didn't know I could go back to The Clerk Of Courts and request a copy. I'm going to do that Monday morning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">