• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I return telly because of tuner issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michaelhayd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Located in ireland

Hi I'm wondering where I stand in relation to my 3 month old telly. I bought it in Harvey Normans in November and all was fine.
Then one night all the channels got mixed up or deleted. Fixed this took about a hour to organise the channels and all was fine then it happened about 3-5 more times usually requiring another hour setup time. I have been into lg about this and they have informed me that the issue is with the satellite tuner they say it's not compatible with the Irish market. And I'll have to purchase a set top box to be able to enjoy "hassle free" tv.

I believe this falls under the not fix for purpose part of the sale of goods act

Surly a tv should only have to be tuned once and not 2-3 time a month.

Any info or advice on this would be great
And thanks in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Hi I'm wondering where I stand in relation to my 3 month old telly. I bought it in Harvey Normans in November and all was fine.
Then one night all the channels got mixed up or deleted. Fixed this took about a hour to organise the channels and all was fine then it happened about 3-5 more times usually requiring another hour setup time. I have been into lg about this and they have informed me that the issue is with the satellite tuner they say it's not compatible with the Irish market. And I'll have to purchase a set top box to be able to enjoy "hassle free" tv.

I believe this falls under the not fix for purpose part of the sale of goods act

And thanks in advance
Sorry - this forum is for US law only.

Edited to add: It sounds to me like the TV works just fine.

Silverplum

And thanks in advance
We only do US law here. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">