• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue a Tattoo Artist for a horribly messed up tattoo?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimlazcano

What is the name of your state TX

My friend and I went to a Tattoo parlor to get Matching Tattoos.
She got hers first and the artist did an amazing job. I went next with the same artist and he did the most horrible ugly job. it looks homemade and he even acknowledged that he messed up and he was trying to fix it by making it darker and bigger. I am now removing it by laser which is 150 per treatment and I need about 5 more treatments at 1 time a month. I now have to walk around with this horrible dark tattoo that looks scribbled on.
can I sue for the cost of the laser removel and emotional distress from walking around with this for 5 more months?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

You can sue for the cost of the removal, if you can prove negligence. That will probably require testimony from another tattoo artist who can say that it was a sub-standard piece of work. The waiver you signed would prevent you from suing just because you didn't like the results. You should speak with a lawyer - you may have already destroyed your evidence.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state TX

My friend and I went to a Tattoo parlor to get Matching Tattoos.
She got hers first and the artist did an amazing job. I went next with the same artist and he did the most horrible ugly job. it looks homemade and he even acknowledged that he messed up and he was trying to fix it by making it darker and bigger. I am now removing it by laser which is 150 per treatment and I need about 5 more treatments at 1 time a month. I now have to walk around with this horrible dark tattoo that looks scribbled on.
can I sue for the cost of the laser removel and emotional distress from walking around with this for 5 more months?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: post a photo wo we can determine what your damages are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">