• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

penny1224

I live in Indiana, I recently ordered new countertops and i just canclled the order. They were suppopsed to be installed 2 weeks ago and have not been! i did not pay a deposit or sign a contract. So ultimately if they do sue me do they have a leg to stand on?

sandyclaus

I live in Indiana, I recently ordered new countertops and i just canclled the order. They were suppopsed to be installed 2 weeks ago and have not been! i did not pay a deposit or sign a contract. So ultimately if they do sue me do they have a leg to stand on?
So, you bought all new countertops and never had a signed order for them? How were you going to pay for them? What were the terms of the sale? How did you manage to have someone pre-order them and not charge you a deposit or have you sign a contract for the purchase and installation?

Short answer: Possibly, but without all the facts behind the alleged purchase agreement, there's no way to know for sure if you are legally bound or not.

Sure you do .. they have to prove you agreed to pay them in case of a cancellation.

HomeGuru

**A: who did you order it from and is there an email trail or phone order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">