• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I trade car for a cheaper on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAE

Can I trade car for a cheaper one?

New Jersey-4 months ago my friend purchased a new car and had to have a co-signer. Now the co-signer is giving him problems,because now she can't get anything because she had co-signed for him and wants to come off the contract and because of this my friend is starting to feel that the payments are to much and wanted to take the car back for something that he could get without a co-signer and with lesser payments. He called the dealership that he got the car from and the salesman that sold him the car said in a nasty way that he can't take the car back,so my friend asked him is there any reason why? And he told him because he owes more than what the car is worth and has to keep it for at least 1 year.

In 1995 I bought a car and fell behind on my payments and they took my car back after only having it for 3 months. I think the sales man was upset because we had to fill out a survey regarding customer service.And he kept telling my friend to put that he was completely satisfied and he of course told the truth. So I think it is more personal than anything.

1.Can he take the car back anyway or speak to someone over him?

[Edited by BAE on 06-27-2001 at 03:27 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">